CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hello, Malaysia. See you later, Sophie.


On Novemeber 13, 2012. I will be flying to Malaysia for a business trip that will last for 3 weeks.

Sadly, I will be leaving my little daughter.

This opportunity came last month, I was offered to fly to Malaysia for a very big project. Yes.. I do have a choice. Ever since Sophia was born, I never left her for more than a day. Just leaving her work for work makes me miss her like crazy! Accepting the offer is probably the hardest thing I have ever did as a mother (so far). I hope people won't judge me. This is a MAJOR factor in my career. 

Sophie is still mix-feeding. (BF & Bottle). So I already have tons of frozen milk that Sophie will be drinking when I am gone. I started pumping and freezing 3 weeks prior to my flight. I also plan to pump & dump while I am away. My only worry is what if Sophie no longer wants to BF when I get back. :( This will make me cry.   Also, The free internet connection at our apartment is so freakin slow as well, so we might have problem using skype. (Since I will be bringing my phone with me, which I use as a modem). There should be no more problem with the internet connection at home cause I borrowed my friends wifi stick. :) I need to teach yaya to use the computer and Skype.. so even if hubby is not around, we can still chat. Thank you Technology. You make things (a little) easier. 

I will also miss my baby's 10th month. This is probably the hardest for me.. but when I decided to continue working, I have also accepted the fact that I won't be there for everything. This is the sacrifice every working mom has to make.

So.. there. Wish me luck. I know this is hard but then, this is also for her. As she grows old, so does the "gastos". This will give me a good head start in my eve rso dream of becoming a Manager. I can do this!



0 comments: